Saturday 15 December 2012

First Inspiration.

As I have decided to start creating my jewellery again I have decided that this time I will be adapting a more constructed strategy in terms of the design process, my first attempt consisted of simply breaking up all the jewellery I had and putting it back together into pieces that were completely derived from my imagination with no plan or inspiration or more honestly no order what so ever. This time I am starting from scratch and following the type of processes that I read about, gathering inspiration then using that and producing a piece that represents my adaptation of all the inspirational sources I have collected. Now this isn't a collection I'm producing its just simply having a sort of story behind each piece what has inspired each necklace or bracelet as opposed to me just going along and putting it together with no plan. So, for my first project I had a distinctive picture in my head and that was the girls on the Givenchy ready-to-wear 2008 catwalk and here was his inspiration behind this, the extensive collection of chains and crosses hanging against simple black. Now I would never want to do a copy cat impersonation instead it made me think more generally about religious inspiration in fashion, this lead me to this article,I dont really consider this to be a discreet inspiration when you think about it religious influences can be seen in many collections but as with any major sources of inspiration the interesting aspect is how each individual adapts this and how this appears in creations significantly enough that it makes it easy to identify where these ideas have been initiated. Photo inspiration... I will post an image of the final once completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, each one is much appreciated. You can also follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter.